Re: how useful are video tutorials/screencasts?

Subject: Re: how useful are video tutorials/screencasts?
From: Karen Zorn <k -dot- zorn -at- zorntech -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2011 11:52:56 -0700

This last year I started knitting again after a 15 yr layoff (tried to kick the habit). As I explored the internet there were new terms, techniques, and yarns. Brought up You Tube just to see if there were any videos available and found lots, many were immediately useful, others introduced me to new ideas and techniques.

Yes, I read instructions, but actually seeing a well filmed demonstration with close up on the hands and needles with excellent narrative can make the difference between wondering how you knit a SSSK1 PSSO, slip three, knit one, pass slipped stitch over, a three stitch decrease.

Karen Zorn
Mesa, AZ
Only 109* today

http://www.doctohelp.com