Re: STC certification program

Subject: Re: STC certification program
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 20:26:49 -0700

It depends on what definition of "contractor" you're using. Some pretty big companies like HP have essentially fired all their staff technical writers and outsourced the work. There are still warm bodies coming into the office, but they aren't company employees and they turn over at warp speed as they arrive needing short-term work and leave as they find "real" jobs. I know very few people in these positions who are working this way by choice.

Gene Kim-Eng

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>