RE: STC certification: what's in it for tech writers?

Subject: RE: STC certification: what's in it for tech writers?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Lynne Wright <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- tiburoninc -dot- com>, "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>, Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 12:54:48 -0400

To include sleep deprivation during 72-hour "shifts"?

Residency is preceded by internship, isn't it?
Thirty-six-hour and longer shifts running on nothing
but caffeine. Supposed to toughen the minions before
they can progress, or to weed out the weak ones,
but it also subjects patients to treatment by
sleep-deprived, shaky, possibly hallucinating
junior practitioners, with varying levels of
competent (and well-rested?) oversight.

"I'll be back in two hours - I'm driving cab
to pay some of my med-school bills. Have these
wounds cleaned and sutured, and try not to sew
the patients to each other or to their clothes.
Or to yourself, or to the bed, or... well,
I'll be back."

Not sure what the equivalent would be in
apprentice-TW land.

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com