TW as design - was: Re: [HATT] RoboHelp 9 vs. RoboHelp 8

Subject: TW as design - was: Re: [HATT] RoboHelp 9 vs. RoboHelp 8
From: "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 08 Nov 2011 09:54:23 -0500

On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 09:40:56 -0500, Roberta Hennessey <rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

I had that same question a while back and this is what I was instructed to do:

*8.0 --> 9.0: Open .xpj in RH 9 and save it.*
*9.0 --> 8.0: remove the .cpd file in the folder and you can open .xpj in
RH 8 and then save it.*

Relating to the issue of how much we TW folks get involved in design issues, I've more than once asked how customers are supposed to deal with particular situations in migrating to updated software, or migrating backwards. The usual answer has been, "The customer WON'T WANT to do that. They update, and that's it. We aren't dealing with old release issues any more because all our time is on the new one. End of discussion."

Whaddya bet someone at RH uttered, at some time or another, those exact words?

http://www.doctohelp.com