FrameMaker 10 to RoboHelp 9: Equations not transferred

Subject: FrameMaker 10 to RoboHelp 9: Equations not transferred
From: "Daniel Feiglin" <daniel_f -at- radwin -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:07:32 +0200

Hi!

(This is a plain text repeat of a rejected HTML message)

When creating a help file (CHM) with RoboHelp 7 from FrameMaker 8, (TSC 1), equations were transferred more or less as expected. At most, a little tweaking of white space before and after an equation was required.

Doing exactly the same thing with RoboHelp 9 from FrameMaker 10 (TCS 3.5) fails. RH shows empty white boxes and indeed the underlying jpg files are all white space. Thus the failure occurs during the import.

While I’m on RH 9/FM 10, does anyone know what happened to the Update/Force update/Delete  functions both at the project level and file level? Why are the File | Update menu items all disabled no matter what the context? I get the impression that RH 9/FM 10 does not crash as frequently as RH 7/FM 8, but compared to RH7/FM 8 it appears to be functionally crippled.

Thanks
Daniel Feiglin| Technical Writer| RADWIN | t. +972 (3) 769 2827 | f. +972 (3) 766 2902 | m. +972 (52) 3869986 | Skype baba_danny | www.radwin.com

http://www.doctohelp.com