Re: Job offers and rates - what do you feel is acceptable?

Subject: Re: Job offers and rates - what do you feel is acceptable?
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 11:52:37 -0500

Yes, I had both in there. I had seen jobs listed in Florida for as low as $13 per hour last spring. Insane. And it was obvious they wanted to hire a secretary to do technical writing. Lots of office work plus doing manuals and white papers.

The Volt job isn't as bad, although $25 is where I was in 1986. Unfortunately, my $600 a month for a house then isn't available now, except as roommate status.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Keith Hood" <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>