Re: disclaimer for small UI diffs in screenshots (of SaaS products) ?

Subject: Re: disclaimer for small UI diffs in screenshots (of SaaS products) ?
From: jimmy -at- breck-mckye -dot- com
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 11:42:47 +0000

It is a sad reality... but does it have to be? There must be some better way than this. I know that in web apps things like Selenium automated tests can take screenshots, and there must be something similar for desktop application testing. Surely, there must be some way we could automate screenshot collection and keep at least our online content up to date by default.

Over and over again, it feels like our tools and processes are things we have to fight against rather than gain from.

On 31.01.2012 00:17, Peter Neilson wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jan 2012 17:50:59 -0500, Monique Semp
<monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net> wrote:

âBecause this is a SaaS application that weâre continually improving, you may notice slight differences ...

Nahhh. It's an excuse for something that happens in nearly all tech
manuals anyway. Readers learn to live with that kind of stuff. If the
changes are too glaring to ignore, don't excuse them--prevent them or
fix them.

You could possibly say, "This manual documents the product at Rev.
13.34.5a. The examples may vary slightly in other revisions."

http://www.doctohelp.com

---
You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as jimmy -at- breck-mckye -dot- com -dot-
or visit

http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/jimmy%40breck-mckye.com

http://www.techwhirl.com/email-discussion-groups/ for more resources
and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our
online magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our
public email archives @ http://techwr-l.com/archives

http://www.doctohelp.com