Re: Yay or Nay

Subject: Re: Yay or Nay
From: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2012 10:29:06 -0500

The former teacher side of me is appalled that we're no longer
bothering to teach our children how to spell without computerized
assistance.

However, having worked with a number of technical writers who don't
know how to use spell check (one actually insisted to a manager that
FrameMaker didn't have spell check!), the professional writer side of
me is thrilled that kids are now being tested on their ability to use
ALL of the tools at their disposal.

So yeah, I'm torn on this one too.

--
Julie Stickler