Re: Trends in Tech Comm

Subject: Re: Trends in Tech Comm
From: Jim Shaeffer <jlshaeffer -at- aol -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 12:46:03 -0500 (EST)

How to Write With Style
by
Kurt Vonnegut

Newspaper reporters and technical writers are trained to reveal almost nothing about themselves in their writings. This makes them freaks in the world of writers, since almost all of the other ink-stained wretches in that world reveal a lot about themselves to readers. We call these revelations, accidental and intentional, elements of style.

found at http://peterstekel.com/PDF-HTML/Kurt%20Vonnegut%20advice%20to%20writers.htm

Jim Shaeffer