Re: cloud backup services, for EXE files ?

Subject: Re: cloud backup services, for EXE files ?
From: Mark Giffin <mgiffin -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: Monique Semp <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 13:58:48 -0800

On 2/9/2012 1:18 PM, Monique Semp wrote:

I've used Carbonite for a while. You can back up executables but you
probably have to do it manually. I have a folder of downloaded installer
executables. Right click on your .exe > Carbonite > Back this up.

That's what I'd assumed, but when I talked (well, did online chat) with them this morning, the guy said that even if I manually added it, Carbonite would not back up an EXE. Seemed odd, but he provided some rationalization and sounded pretty certain. Have you confirmed that the EXE files actually are truly getting backed up by looking at the backup files? The guy said that yes, I could tell it to do this, but that it wouldn't happen anyway...

-Monique

It works. Maybe the chat guy was talking about the eval version. I recall the eval version would not let me back up my music files, but when I paid for it, it backed up the music files.

Just to test it, I just removed one of my .exe installers, went to the Carbonite drive and told it to restore it, it restored it and the restored .exe ran. So it definitely works. If it didn't I would squawk and get something else.

Mark