RE: Question for writers in New Zealand and Australia

Subject: RE: Question for writers in New Zealand and Australia
From: "Wroblewski, Victoria" <vwroblewski -at- NECsphere -dot- com>
To: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 15:25:10 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Lauren
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:54 PM
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

People have discussed why these two as a regional grouping is not appropriate. Is it possible that the programmers do not understand that these two countries are only modernly related by being former British colonizations on either side of the Tasman sea?

Wow.

I've spent the majority of my career in things that, sooner or later, relate back to telecom. And my first thought was "well... of course they NZ and AUS go together! They always have!" Similar dialing/numbering schemes, and they are treated as one sales target group. Likewise, you may find parts of Asia grouped with the middle east, and different parts of Europe each treated differently.

And where old school telecom groupings go together... regulatory and legal similarities follow. It's probably one set of regulatory/legal requirements to sell into both markets, if you have to deal with that type of thing.

- V