RE: Question for writers in New Zealand and Australia

Subject: RE: Question for writers in New Zealand and Australia
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <cmartinek -at- zebra -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:08:03 -0500

The point is that it really doesn't matter to the user whether their country shares the same underlying settings as some other country or requires sometihing completely different. It is relatively minor software task to parse an input string and map even a couple hundred possible strings to a much smaller set of actual settings. And the gain in usability--"user friendliness"--from doing so is significant. A user should only need to respond with what country they are located or operating in and the software should deal with establishing the right settings, whether those settings are common to a region or unique to the specific country.

Just my $0.02...

Fred Ridder