Re: Are "Easy Buttons" important in a Windows software installer?

Subject: Re: Are "Easy Buttons" important in a Windows software installer?
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: Rédacteur en chef <editorialstandards -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 08:27:43 -0700

As one of the more geekier users, I always choose the custom
installation option. However, I see benefit to offering an installer
that recommended different configurations, as long as it makes those
distictions in common terms.

So rather than an office suite offering:

Install Word processor only
Install Spreadsheet only

It could say:

Word processor only: For writing letters, documents, and your next
best selling novel or screenplay

Spreadsheets only: For recording checks and balances, calculating
profits , and displaying those results in graphs so you can win
investors

Custom: You know what you want, so let's get started!

Of course, you'll have to tailor the language to suit your industry.

-Tony

On 2012-04-10, at 8:20 AM, "Rédacteur en chef"

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help