RE: tech writing recruiters

Subject: RE: tech writing recruiters
From: Kat Kuvinka <katkuvinka -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 10:23:40 -0400

I couldn't disagree more. I know that ageism exists, but it has not been that bad in my experience. As someone in their (mid-to-)late 40s, I have interviewed and seen many writers my age hired because of experience, personality, and maturity. All tech companies, even start-ups, are NOT run by kids who only want to work with kids. It's not that kind of world anymore (with obvious exceptions like FaceBook). It's more like a parents-starting-families-in-their-40s kind of world.

Anyone who is older who can't find a job easily wants to cry ageism, but it is tough all over.

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help