RE: Making Agile work with remote resources

Subject: RE: Making Agile work with remote resources
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 16:53:24 -0400

I'm thinking of suggesting that we add a couple of phone jacks to our conference room(s) and supply the two barely-audible guys with Plantronics headsets and phones, so they can dial into the meetings they are sitting in... oh ... wait... feedback...

Aw crud. Another fine idea bites the dust.
I wonder if Maxwell Smart and the Chief still have that Cone of Silence.

Is anybody well-versed in conference audio and could contact me off-list? I'm interested in what equipment it would take to equip everybody in a meeting with a wireless headset/lapel mic and have the inputs all consolidated to a PC that was running a conference program. ... and of course, send the consolidated voices (plus any that come into the PC from remote attendees yakking to their laptops) back to everyone's headset.

Ideally, everyone in the building would have their own headset that they would use at their desks (or at home... it would be carried with their laptops), but they could also be worn to face-to-face meetings in conference rooms, where each person's headset could be paired semi-automatically with the consolidator/concentrator in the conference room, which would then be connected to the PC of the meeting moderator. I say "semi-automatically" so people walking past the conference room would not find themselves automagically listening to (and talking to) meetings they didn't intend to attend.

And before anybody asks.... yes, this is how I think all the time. It never stops. Notions stumbling over each other in a desperate plunge to get out before... ooooo, shiny thing.... sorry, what was I saying?