Re: Is localisation obligatory?

Subject: Re: Is localisation obligatory?
From: Gene Kim-Eng <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: David Harrison <dharrison -at- moldmasters -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 08:30:05 -0700

The EC has long had a requirement that any product with safety-related
documentation (which includes pretty much everything one way or the other)
has to have, at a minimum, English, French, German and Spanish in order to
be imported into any EC country, not just England, France, Germany or
Spain. There is a provision for exemption in cases where no equivalent
product is available with the required languages, but if any of your
competitors have the languages they can challenge it.

Other countries not in the EC have their own requirements. Turkey goes so
far as to require that PRINTED documents in Turkish be available, but this
can be satisfied by providing some means for customers who want printed to
order copies free of charge.

Gene Kim-Eng

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help