Re: Content management

Subject: Re: Content management
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:37:50 -0700

Thanks, Robert.

It's not so much that the EDM tool be specific in relation to meeting FDA
compliance. We already know how to do that.

We're a very small company of under 30 employees, yet have several
contributors authoring SOPs, project management plans, software specs and
the like. All of these docs are in a folder hierarchy on a company server.
The problem is that no one thought to create and then enforce a doc naming
convention, so easy retrieval of any one doc using Windows search is both
time-consuming and a hit or miss proposition.

We aren't looking for anything that my be in the overkill arena, costing
thousands to implement. Rather, we're simply looking for a robust indexing
and retrieval tool that can yield the desired result based on a variety of
search criteria. If a SharePoint rollout makes sense for this application,
then this would probably be the easiest sell to upper management.

Thanks to all for your ideas. > Chris

http://bit.ly/doc-to-help