RE: Possible to encrypt "free" mail?

Subject: RE: Possible to encrypt "free" mail?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: Dossy Shiobara <dossy -at- panoptic -dot- com>, Tech Whirler List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 20:42:52 -0500

[...] You can send PGP-encrypted mail
> using
> Gmail. There are OpenPGP applications for iOS (iPhone, iPad),
> Android,
> etc. If you can access your Gmail using a dedicated mail client over
> IMAP, it will simplify using PGP with your Gmail account, too.
>
> It appears that there's even Chrome extensions to ease using GPG
> with
> Gmail's web interface. I don't know what's available for "that other
> browser" but if you're using it, you've already forfeitted security so
> why are you bothering with secure communication, anyway?

That other browser... you mean SRWare Iron browser? :-)

My default browser is Iron, and my default search engine
is DuckDuckGo.com.

I don't miss the Google filter bubble one bit. But then, I'm in
that peculiar minority that likes "unbiased" natural search,
and not search results based on what somebody thinks I
should want.

-k

PS: At work, I still have to fire up IE, FF, Safari and Opera, to
verify that my Help is OK in all of them. BTW, most compatibility
problems seem to have gone away since MadCap changed the
Flare WebHelp output with Flare 8.x... but that's another discussion.

.

or disclosing it.

Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs