Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for January 11, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 07:53:37 -0500

*This week’s update on technical communication and the TechWhirl community
is supported by Platinum sponsor Adobe & their Technical Communication
Suite 4 <http://bit.ly/TryAdobeTCS4> | http://adobe.ly/scpwfT*

Here at TechWhirl, we pride ourselves on providing a well-rounded, nicely
balanced, entertaining and informative mix of articles and commentary on
all things tech comm. Our theme in January is really a double theme: *Ready
for 2013? Predictions and Focus on Education.* And this week we offer a
little of both, and then some. We asked you for some predictions for 2013
via our weekly technical communication poll question on emerging
technology<http://techwhirl.com/business/polls/technical-communication-poll-impact-emerging-technology/>and
the impacts on tech comm. And Jacquie Samuels offered some guidance
from both the student and instructor points of view with her tips and
tricks on choosing an online tech comm certificate
program<http://techwhirl.com/careers/education/tips-and-tricks-online-tech-comm-program/>.
Our “then some” refers to a great interview with Brenda Huettner on
accessibility<http://techwhirl.com/business/interviews/technical-communication-accessibility-brenda-huettner-interview/>,
conducted by technical communication student and SWU member Samantha
Miranda.

Add to that a Tech Writer This
Week<http://techwhirl.com/technical-communications-news/this-week-in-tech-comm/tech-writer-this-week-jan-10-2013/>curated
post full of all sorts of tech comm, content strategy and user
experience goodness, and we say “mission accomplished.” At least until next
week, when we get to do it all over again. After you’re done cruising
around the magazine, mosey on over to the email discussion
list<http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/1301/index.html>where you can
get a well-rounded, often balanced, always entertaining and
amazingly useful mix of discussions on tools, techniques, job hunting
tactics and more. And don’t forget to check out the current crop of
openings on jobs.techwhirl.com. All in all you can look forward to some
quiet time this weekend with all that your technical communication friends
and allies can offer.

Enjoy!

-The gang at TechWhirl

In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>:*

- Tech Writer This Week January 10, 2013, by Craig Cardimon |
http://bit.ly/U5NUlI
- Tips and Tricks: What To Look for in an Online Tech Comm Program, by
Jacquie Samuels | http://bit.ly/UzzGb0
- Technical Communication Poll: Impact of Emerging Technology |
http://bit.ly/VA782k
- Interview with Brenda Huettner: What Every Technical Communicator
Should Know About Accessibility, by Samantha Miranda http://bit.ly/UZxptk

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- ACCEPT Research Project Announces First Results of Translation and
Forum Initiatives | http://bit.ly/ZBJJmo

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl
Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs