Modular products...

Subject: Modular products...
From: Sarah Blake <sarah -dot- blake -at- arieso -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 08:25:24 -0500

...this has got to be a solved problem by now, right?

I've just moved to a new gig, and they have a product setup where the 'product' is the platform, plus a number of optional and mutually independent modules that are 'switched on' according to the license.

I don't want to confuse the users with documentation for modules they don't have access to, and I don't want to have to manually generate tailored documentation for every sale. Has anyone successfully used other options?

(Yes, I know I asked this same question like six years ago. I didn't manage to figure out a good, scalable solution then either)

Sarah Blake
Technical Writer
Arieso Ltd
Office +44 (0) 1635 232470 | Fax +44 (0) 1635 232471 |
Email sarah -dot- blake -at- arieso -dot- com<mailto:sarah -dot- blake -at- arieso -dot- com> | Web www.arieso.com<http://www.arieso.com/> |

Have you signed up<http://blog.arieso.com/sign-up/> to receive the Arieso blog yet? See articles on 'iPhone 5', 'LTE-A', even 'the Mars Curiosity rover'. Please visit blog.arieso.com<http://blog.arieso.com/>
Arieso Ltd, Astor House, Newbury Business Park, London Road, Newbury, RG14 2PZ, United Kingdom.
Registered in England No. 04515167, VAT Registration No: 784 1794 87

Arieso Inc, 3495 Piedmont Rd, Bldg 11 Suite 550, Atlanta, GA 30305, USA.

This message and its attachments are confidential and are intended for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you have received this email in error, you are not authorised to make any use of it - the unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of the email or its contents is prohibited. Please notify us by reply and delete it along with all copies in your possession. The message content may contain personal views which are not the views of the company unless specifically stated. The Arieso Group does not accept legal responsibility for the content of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network nor for any loss or damage caused by errors or viruses. Thank you.

Writer Tip: Create 10 different outputs with Doc-To-Help -- including Mobile and EPUB.

Read all about them: http://bit.ly/doc-to-help-10-outputs