Re: % of time technical writers spend on core tasks?

Subject: Re: % of time technical writers spend on core tasks?
From: "William Sherman" <bsherman77 -at- embarqmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 00:27:03 -0400

When I told him I started something in 1995 and still did it, he clarified with "how much of that time did you spend doing that?" He wanted time on the subject. Basically, he had no grasp on what was actually required or what it all meant. I agree with your example, I should have 10 years experience with Visio. But he thought I may only have a few months, since I used it a few days here, a few days there, and so on.

But then, this is what you get for many recruiters today, and you have to somehow get past them to the job.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Combs, Richard" <richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com>