Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for March 15, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 2013 09:20:57 -0400

Having survived International Pi Day without a cataclysm of calories, it’s
now time to beware the Ides of March. Over here at TechWhirl it means the
end to another week of interesting content, features and reviews, and a
little history for our weekly technical communication recap.

I did a little time traveling and on the Ides of March in 2003,
job ads<http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/0303/techwhirl-0303-00505.html#.UUMc6Bx_CSp>and
technical
skills vs. writing skills
(again)<http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/0303/techwhirl-0303-00507.html#.UUMdixx_CSo>.
And back in 1993, the Ides found those earliest TechWhirlers talking
about Online
documentation, problems
using<http://www.techwr-l.com/archives/9303/techwhirl-9303-00079.html#.UUMeSRx_CSo>.
Anybody notice anything familiar here?

Right here in 2013, Yehoshua Paul takes a look at whether and how the
skills required for technical writing and
training<http://techwhirl.com/multiple-emerging-roles-technical-communication-training/>overlap.
Rachel Houghton reviews
MadCap Flare 9<http://techwhirl.com/madcap-flare-9-enhancements-worth-upgrade/>,
and Craig Cardimon curates some fascinating posts from content strategy and
user experience as well as technical communications in Tech Writer
This Week<http://techwhirl.com/tech-writer-this-week-for-march-14-2013/>.

So enjoy the present and the past, and if I were you Ide have a piece of
pi….

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week, March 14, 2013, by Craig Cardimon |
http://bit.ly/10InloV
- MadCap Flare 9: Enhancements Make it Worth the Upgrade, by Rachel
Houghton | http://bit.ly/13Wgih7
- Multiple and Emerging Roles in Technical Communication: Training, by
Yehoshua Paul | http://bit.ly/ZdOcIt

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- SDL Acquires bemoko and Extends Leadership inCustomer Experience
Management<http://techwhirl.com/sdl-acquires-bemoko-and-extends-leadership-in-customer-experience-management/>

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl
EPUB Webinar: Join STC Vice President Nicky Bleiel as she discusses tips for creating EPUB, the file format used for e-readers, tablets, smartphones, and more.

Learn more: http://bit.ly/12LyN2z