Re: Dreamweaver and .asp files -

Subject: Re: Dreamweaver and .asp files -
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: Roberta Hennessey <rahennessey -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 08:40:30 -0700

Hi Bobbi,

If the asp is processing dynamic code, you will need an environment that
runs the code and displays the rendered results. But then it depends on
what you are actually changing:
- Just the CSS?
- The underlying HTML structure to package the data?

Remember though that WYSIWYG tools are great for setting up large
quantities of pages, but for minor edits a text editor may be the best
option. Of course it doesn't help that you have access to the source but
you can't see the result.

Most WYSIWYG tools only process the file source code itself, which could be
why you're experiencing problems when you edit the source.

You could probably get away with Microsoft Expressions Web to do what you
want. But it sounds to me like you need to see all the pieces in action.

If you don't have access to the CSS, you may want to look at Stylizer. You
can edit the CSS directly while viewing the rendeeed output in the browser.
http://www.stylizerapp.com/

You could also use Firebug in Firefox, but then you have to remember to
copy the style sheet code and save it with a text editor. This may be
sufficient for you to identify changes to send to the developers.

Cheers,

-Tony

Learn more: http://bit.ly/13xpg5n