Re: Details on the Email List migration: It's a good thing

Subject: Re: Details on the Email List migration: It's a good thing
From: INKtopia Admin <admin -at- inktopia -dot- net>
To: "Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com" <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 10:36:14 -0500

Hi Dan,

Absolutely! The default settings for List members is to have all messages
come to them via email. You can then reply just like you do today. Or, if
you'd prefer not to get as many emails as Brian said you can change the
settings.

We picked this system because it provides the most flexibility but has
robust email capabilities. It's an Email Discussion Software that has a
nice Forum.

I realized that my email to Fred didn't go to everyone so here it is:

Your timeline looks right. The notes that say [TechWhirl Community Forums]
come from the new system, which has been locked down so it's not sending
any notes.

The other discussions including our Daily Ad (which is sent manually by the
way so it's sent just like everyone starts a note) are running through our
old system, which is running perfectly well but most people are keeping
quiet. It's understandable.

We have our super welcome note / guide basically done. I'm waiting for the
vendor to send us a fresh list of users so we can send it out as a direct
note rather than through the list. Once that note is done, then we're going
to finish the migration, put on our Asbestos Underoos and finish the
migration. All members will be moderated so we can catch any SPAM issues
before they bomb everyone.

We'll clear the moderated notes quickly so there won't be much delay. We
anticipate going with this approach until Monday afternoon so we can be
certain. Then, we'll change the Senior Member role to un-moderated and see
what happens.

For now, carry on as normal. Frankly at this point, both systems are
running perfectly well, but we just need a few things from other people
before we finish things off.

take care
al

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 10:27 AM, <Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com> wrote:

> Yes. There are several pages for settings in your Profile. Go to Edit
> Profile > Notification Preferences. The lower half of the page contains the
> group of categories you want to un-check.
>
> -Brian H.
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Gene Kim-Eng
>
> I hope there's an option for turning that feature off for an account.
>
> Gene Kim-Eng
>

> On 10/4/2013 6:13 AM, Brian -dot- Henderson -at- mitchell1 -dot- com wrote:
>
> > By default, the forum sends out notifications to all members every time
> someone posts something to one of the discussion sections.

> New! Doc-to-Help 2013 features the industry's first HTML5 editor for
> authoring.
>
> Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ

> You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as admin -at- inktopia -dot- net -dot-

> info.

> magazine at http://techwhirl.com

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl