Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for October 4, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2013 13:04:53 -0400

Some unanticipated but resolvable glitches in moving our email discussion
list to our TechWhirl Community Forums platform have kept us hopping this
week, but it sure hasn’t prevented us from bringing you some really
outstanding articles. Everybody in our world knows that a technology
project never goes off without a hitch, no matter how prepared you might
think you are. We’re no exception, but the issues we had Monday are under
control, and things are now proceeding to the final cutover. I think it’s
going to make a pretty good case study in project management and change
management, among other topics.

Now to the really outstanding articles part. Alyssa Fox began her series on
Agile and TechComm, and Jacquie Samuels tracked down Joe Gollner and
Nolwenn Kerzreho to talk about content collaboration in advance of their
LavaCon workshop. We’re also excited that Edward Smyda-Homa, the man behind
@uselessassist on Twitter will be publishing a monthly column on the same
topic with TechWhirl, beginning later this month. And remember, you still
have two weeks to write up your Tech Comm Horror Story… I think I have an
idea for that… except it will have a happy ending J

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>:*

- Tech Writer This Week for October 3, 2013 | http://bit.ly/18wYLfD
- Content Collaboration and the Integrated Product Team, by Jacquie
Samuels | http://bit.ly/1hjLUPY
- Agile and Tech Comm: Writer Challenges in Agile and Traditional
Development Teams, by Alyssa Fox | http://bit.ly/150ETkF
- Using Copyright Traps (poll) | http://bit.ly/15P1Qry
http://bit.ly/16HBVSv

*Technical Communication news on
http://TechWhirl.com/news<http://techwhirl.com/news>
:*

- Tech Comm Whistleblower Joins TechWhirl Roster | http://ow.ly/2AlmMS

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University
<http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

<http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

Online Magazine and Discussions for Today's Tech Writer

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl