Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for October 11, 2013
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 10:11:45 -0400

There’s something to be said for how great technical communicators can
uncover design or implementation flaws—a critical but often unwelcome
skill. So it’s been over the last 10 days as we tried to implement a single
platform for email discussion and commenting. The commenting part worked
fine, the email not so much. Whirlers being a curious and supportive group,
withstood the changes with remarkable grace and levity, for which Al and I
are eternally grateful (as we are to the technical wizardry of Eric Ray).
We continue to work towards an ultimate solution that unifies the TechWhirl
community, but for now, the email discussion list continues as it did prior
to September 30.

And so does TechWhirl.com. We’ve offered up some instructive, revealing,
and otherwise relevant content to whet your appetite for LavaCon 2013,
expand your horizons on the career front, and introduce some fascinating
concepts and trends. And remember, you have the chance to exercise your
creative side, while venting on the challenges of working with monstrous
SMEs, horrifying project managers and other assorted corporate ghouls.
Submit your entry into our Third Annual Tech Comm Halloween Horror Stories
by next Friday.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>**
:*

- Tech Writer This Week for October 10, 2013 | http://bit.ly/1gsYyhP
- The Answer Lady: Landing the First Technical Writing Job, by Rachel
Houghton | <http://bit.ly/1hjLUPY>http://bit.ly/1akuwIb
- LavaCon 2013 Sneak Peek: Vici Koster-Lenhardt on the Expanding Role of
Content Professionals, by Connie Giordano | http://bit.ly/19wuH0I
- LavaCon 2013 Sneak Peek: Nick Finck on Content Strategy, User
Research, and the Customer Experience, by Jill Viers |
http://bit.ly/15Qcalc
http://bit.ly/16HBVSv

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page – what’s happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special “thank you” to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems
Incorporated<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>,* *Madcap
Software<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>
**

*Silver*: Vancouver Island University
<http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>

<http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>
*Helping the World Explore the Art of Content and Communications*

Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: <http://pr.viu.ca/techcomm/>facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: plus.ly/TechWhirl