more formal title - technical teaser ?

Subject: more formal title - technical teaser ?
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "TechWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 10:01:31 -0700

Hello, WR-L-ers,

Iâm looking for a simple, engaging title for a series of 2-3 page technical papers that the author is calling âtechnical teasersâ. Iâll be editing these papers for grammar, technical consistency, presentation, etc.

See below for details, but so far my best choice is âSolution Overviewâ.

The papers are entirely technical in nature, and intended to engage technically-oriented technical managers in further discussions about the described solutions. These arenât white papers, and theyâre not presented in a cold-call manner. Theyâre for managers at the authorâs client companies, and the goal is to entice those managers to pay the authorâs company for further development, customization, and âproductizationâ of the authorâs companyâs existing products.

I first thought of âTechnical Memoâ â that is what these are: sort of free-form descriptions of a technical challenge, why itâs important to address it (the use case for the client company), and a high-level spec-ish description of the solution that the authorâs company can provide.

Although I rejected âTechnical Teaserâ out of hand, perhaps itâs just fine â I found two examples right off: http://withoutanet.typepad.com/without_a_net/2013/08/new-technical-solutions-au-teaser.html, http://boid.se/project/textreme-technical-teaser/. And there are even âinvestment teasersâ, http://www.axial.net/blog/6-keys-to-writing-great-teasers/ â who knew?!

* Although accurate, âTechnical Memorandumâ certainly doesnât sound like an inviting or interesting read!
* âTechnical Teaserâ is certainly too informal, as well as too blatant a title to be politic.
* âData Sheetâ is not accurate â weâre describing a potential product, not an existing one.
* âCase Studyâ isnât right â nobodyâs used the potential product yet.
* âProduct Briefâ is close, but not right because the product doesnât exist as weâre describing it.
* âTech Overviewâ might suffice, but sure doesnât sound exciting to read.
* âSolution Overviewâ is my favorite so far.

Thanks for your thoughts,
-Monique

Learn more: http://bit.ly/ZeOZeQ