RE: Is the STC worth it?

Subject: RE: Is the STC worth it?
From: "Robart, Kay" <Kay -dot- Robart -at- tea -dot- state -dot- tx -dot- us>
To: Mike McCallister <mike -dot- mccallister -at- pkware -dot- com>, "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2014 14:59:54 +0000

I agree with Mike. I have not been an STC member for a few years, but I am towards the end of my career.

I was an active member for years. Many of my jobs came as a result of contacts made through membership. At the beginning of my career as a lone writer, I picked up much of my job training from STC professional development activities and conferences.

Just paying your membership dues without participating is not going to get you much from any professional organization.

Kay