Subject: TechWhirl: Technical Communication Recap for November 7, 2014
From: TechWhirl Admin <admin -at- techwhirl -dot- com>
To: Techwr-l <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 13:11:41 -0500

While lamenting the fact that holiday shopping commercials have already
started appearing on television (they probably started on Halloween, but I
totally missed them until this morning), I realized that ramping up is a
pretty regular thing for most of us in the communications world. Here at
recuperate, and then ramp up again for the next Big Thing. Retailers are
trying to ramp up sales for the big end of the year blitz, content creators
often are ramping up their professional development skills along with the
schedules for the next 12 months.

Our coverage of recent conferences, regular columns and articles for our
research portals may appear to be in a pause, but rest assured itâs ramping
back up right now. Things donât seem to have slowed down on the email
discussion list
<http://www.techwr-l.com/frequently-asked-questions.html#subscribe> and
community forum
<http://community.techwhirl.com/entry/register?Target=categories> with lots
of interesting conversations on tools, trends, and professional development
issues. Read, vote in our latest poll, and participate.

Have a great weekend!

-Connie and the gang at TechWhirl
In Case You Missed it: This Week @ TechWhirl

*New features and articles on http://TechWhirl.com <http://techwhirl.com/>*
*:*

- The Content Creation Teamâs Place in the Organization (poll) |
http://bit.ly/1seVeu9
- LavaCon Session Summary: Marta Rauch on Delighting Mobile Customers,
by Roger Renteria | http://bit.ly/1t7p2rS

*Technical Communication & Customer Experience News on
http://TechWhirl.com/news <http://techwhirl.com/news>**:*

- Acquia Platform Launched to Manage Digital Experience |
http://ow.ly/2Qc3VG
- DITA to Jive Plug-in Release from Suite Solutions | http://ow.ly/2Q84qZ

Social Media and the Chance to Follow TechWhirl:

- Our Google Plus Page â whatâs happening behind the scenes |
http://goo.gl/SO0R4
- Will you be our Friend? Please, you know you want to click |
http://goo.gl/tDrW7
- Want all this TechWhirl goodness a few characters @ a time |
http://goo.gl/itjDg
- Updates from TechWhirl delivered to your email in box |
http://bit.ly/tjshxU
- Or, try our RSS feed (great on Flipboard) | http://goo.gl/msLzu

Sponsored Posts

- EasyDITA: A Better Way to Manage Critical Information in the Life
Sciences Industry
<http://easydita.com/a-better-way-to-manage-critical-information-in-the-life-sciences-industry/>
- MadCap: Single Sourcing Explained: The Power of MadCap Flare
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/blog/2014/09/15/single-sourcing-explained-the-power-of-madcap-flare/>
- Scriptorium: Content strategy vs. the undead
<http://www.scriptorium.com/2014/11/content-strategy-vs-undead/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=content-strategy-vs-undead>
- Adobe Systems: Human Bionics: More Freedom or Electronic Slavery?
<http://blogs.adobe.com/techcomm/2014/10/human-bionics-more-freedom-or-electronic-slavery.html>

SPONSOR-Luv

We want to send a very special âthank youâ to our sponsors for their
support.

*Platinum*: Adobe Systems Incorporated
<http://www.runaware.com/clients/adobe/techsuite/>

*Gold: *ComponentOne Software <http://bit.ly/doc-to-help>, Madcap Software
<http://www.madcapsoftware.com/products/flare/overview.aspx#whatsnew>

*Silver: * easyDITA <http://easydita.com/>

*Helping the world explore the art of content and communications*
Follow TechWhirl on
Twitter: @TechWriterToday
Facebook: facebook.com/techwriterlist
Google+: *plus.google.com/+techwhirl