Re: Is the STC worth it?

Subject: Re: Is the STC worth it?
From: Shawn <shawn -at- cohodata -dot- com>
To: "Post, Susan - Exelis.Agency" <Susan -dot- Post -at- exelisinc -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2014 11:36:23 -0800

Susan, kudos for the first positive reason to join STC I have read in quite
some time. :)

I was a member a few years back but only because my employer paid for it.
At the time, it felt it was a waste of money because Intercom wasn't that
useful (to me) and the meetings were poorly organized, "dry" in
conversation, and sparsely attended.

If you want to meet with like-minded technical writers, for free... I
suggest people check out the many technical writing related Meetups (www.
*meetup*.com) in your city. I belong to five different groups and all of
them are lot of fun.

Happy Friday!
Shawn

--