RE: free editor that can sort HTML tables?

Subject: RE: free editor that can sort HTML tables?
From: "Janoff, Steven" <Steven -dot- Janoff -at- hologic -dot- com>
To: Lauren <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 01:11:53 +0000

It's been too long to speak authoritatively. You could probably do the same thing described here in an old, cheap/free version of Dreamweaver, which had HomeSite as the engine for code view:

https://www.adobe.com/support/dreamweaver/assets/importing_spread/importing_spread10.html

But I vaguely recall you could do this kind of thing in the HomeSite product proper, which was strictly a hand-coding tool that did not have a WYSIWYG view (I think you could preview the page in a browser but not develop in WYSIWYG). If I had it open in front of me I'd try select-all and then right-click or look for the menu command. I could be wrong. But you might be able to do a quick procedure in DW that goes back and forth between code view and WYSIWYG.

But honestly, I'm sure Robert can find better contemporary tools for this. I just remember HomeSite could do some amazing things, and fast. I've often thought about downloading it and working in it, but that's risky given that it was abandoned in 2003 (the standalone product, at least -- Wikipedia says Adobe abandoned it completely in 2009 but I suspect that refers to the DW/ColdFusion code view engine version).

Steve

On Wednesday, November 12, 2014 3:29 PM, Lauren wrote:

On 11/12/2014 10:51 AM, Janoff, Steven wrote:
> I don't know if it will be any help but I believe the old HomeSite may have been able to do this kind of thing -- HTML editor, excellent back in the early 2000's. You can still download 5.5, which I believe works in Win7.

HomeSite is my favorite HTML, etc., editor as it has been since it was new back 1996. I don't know where to find a table sort option or even the WYSIWYG editor in HomeSite.

Read about how Georgia System Operation Corporation improved teamwork, communication, and efficiency using Doc-To-Help | http://bit.ly/1lRPd2l