RE: Large Documents in Word

Subject: RE: Large Documents in Word
From: Lynne Wright <Lynne -dot- Wright -at- tiburoninc -dot- com>
To: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- nuot -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 17:04:14 +0000

Thanks Dan... forgive my Word ignorance, but I've got a few questions:

- "Accept and reject all current changes and save with a new file name."
I'm confused... how can you both accept AND reject something? What do you mean by "current changes"?
And EVERY time I work on a file, I have to save it under a new name? If I work on the same file every day for a month, that's a LOT of renamed drafts.

" Insert graphics from a file"
- If you mean that in the Insert tab, click Picture, then navigate to and select the image, then that's what I've been doing. I'd say that leads to a catastrophic crash about 1 in 20 times.

- how do you anchor a picture or a table?

- "link graphics" ... to what?

- "If the document causes trouble, Maggie it." What does "Maggie it" mean?

- "minimize section breaks" ??? meaning avoid breaking up the material into logical and workable chunks?

Overall, this just confirms my suspicion that Word is actually a pretty lousy word processing program. Which is kind of a relief... I thought the problem was me.