RE: Freelancing and EIN

Subject: RE: Freelancing and EIN
From: Dan Goldstein <DGoldstein -at- nuot -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L (techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com)" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 20:41:05 +0000

Not all self-employed individuals who receive 1099 forms are required to make estimated tax payments. Some are, some aren't.

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Lauriston
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2015 4:33 PM
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Subject: Re: Freelancing and EIN

If you have 1099 income, you have to pay estimated taxes quarterly.
It's not complicated.

One company I contracted for required an EIN and documentation that I had a sole proprietorship registered with that number. That had zero impact on my taxes. I was still self-employed and it was 1099 income.

Adobe TCS 5: Get the Best of both worlds: modern publishing and best in class XML \ DITA authoring |


You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as archive -at- web -dot- techwr-l -dot- com -dot-

To unsubscribe send a blank email to
techwr-l-leave -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com

Send administrative questions to admin -at- techwr-l -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Looking for articles on Technical Communications? Head over to our online magazine at

Looking for the archived Techwr-l email discussions? Search our public email archives @


Freelancing and EIN: From: Kaylin Tristano
Re: Freelancing and EIN: From: Robert Lauriston

Previous by Author: RE: #talkpay hashtag on Twitter May 1
Next by Author: RE: Freelancing and EIN
Previous by Thread: Re: Freelancing and EIN
Next by Thread: Re: Freelancing and EIN

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads