RE: "Are technical writers the unsung heroes of document generation?"

Subject: RE: "Are technical writers the unsung heroes of document generation?"
From: "Janoff, Steven" <Steven -dot- Janoff -at- hologic -dot- com>
To: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>, TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 17:05:01 +0000

So since 2008, when the law was enacted, companies up and down California have been paying all kinds of overtime pay to their software technical writers.

Has anybody seen this? I haven't seen this.

There's no way all these companies are in violation of the CLC. Something else has got to be afoot.

Steve

On Sunday, June 21, 2015 12:08 PM, Robert Lauriston wrote:

Anyone can do any kind of work. The law regards only when employers must pay overtime.

Overtime regulations apply to all non-exempt employees whether salaried or hourly. California Labor Code Â515.5(b)(5)'s exclusion of most tech writers from being classified as exempt applies either way.

Learn more about Adobe Technical Communication Suite (2015 Release) | http://bit.ly/1FR7zNW