Re: Into the Frying Pan

Subject: Re: Into the Frying Pan
From: "Peter Neilson" <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 06:30:38 -0400

On Thu, 01 Oct 2015 23:18:42 -0400, Rick Lippincott <rjl6955 -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:

I think you are trying to solve an unsolvable problem. An earlier response said your manager is being set up as the scapegoat for failure. I don't think that goes far enough.

You are ALL being set up as the scapegoats.

Your customer set unreasonable demands with an impossible deadline, and your company's only chance of success is to have a spectacular...and easily blamable...crash and burn that will allow management to grovel for an extension. The team that will actually carry the ball across the line is not yours, and that team may already be covertly working on the "real" docs.

All of you should leave your jobs, now. A mass resignation will give you more credibility when you say you were set up, and the company will still have its excuse so that New York can give it more time.

I'm sorry. That's how it looks from here.

Rick, you may be totally on target. Returning to my wife's exit from quality engineering, in her last position she discovered that her activities as quality manager were being subverted by a secret team consisting of one of her lab techs and a production manager. She was only there to provide a signature on each (faked) certification of analysis, and to go to jail if airplane crashes were eventually blamed on faulty parts made by that company.