Re: PDF filenames - include release designation ?

Subject: Re: PDF filenames - include release designation ?
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TechWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 18:36:57 +0100

That seems essential to me when various customers are using various
releases. Otherwise it's easy for people to get confused by consulting
the wrong version of the docs. (If everyone is always on the current
release, as is typical with SaaS apps, the issues are different.)

In my last job I used FrameMaker and would rename the book file for
each release.

Generated files usually don't belong in source control.