Re: Leading and Bleeding Edge?

Subject: Re: Leading and Bleeding Edge?
From: Lonie McMichael <loniemc -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Susan Post <simariepost -at- comcast -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 09:09:47 -0700

Hello, Susan:

Thank you for the info! We tell students who want to stay in The Springs
that they basically have two options: non-profit and government work. On
the tech side, those going to non-profits tend to use Microsoft and
anything free.

For government work, I actually know of one company who is exploring Flare
for their mobile apps, but most do use XML and DITA from what our former
students and industry contacts say. I didn't know about the weed situation,
though it makes sense. I will tell my students. Now I know why one of my
former students hated government work so much!

We do have a cadre on students who want to work in Denver and Boulder --
companies who are more innovative and focused on UX from what we can tell.
We are trying to prepare them for those possibilities the best we can with
the resources we have.

If you or any of your colleagues are interested, we would love to have you
come to our senior portfolios sometime. Also, please think of us if you are
looking for an intern or a beginning-level tech writer!

--Lonie

This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>