Re: "Surviving the Dying Career of Technical Writing"

Subject: Re: "Surviving the Dying Career of Technical Writing"
From: Jen <jennee -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 11:44:12 +0200

I think I figured out what company you are talking about, and, from what I
can tell at least (i.e. some googling), it wasn't a matter of "laid off all
their tech writers and moved the docs to Spain" - the entire office in Iasi
was closed down last year. I don't know if their writers were good or bad
(I doubt there were/are more than a handful of actual technical writers),
but I think the company had bigger problems in Romania than the
documentation department.