Re: Word 2013 is Levitating Inline Graphics Created in

Subject: Re: Word 2013 is Levitating Inline Graphics Created in
From: "Monique Semp" <monique -dot- semp -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: "margaret Cekis" <margaret -dot- cekis -at- comcast -dot- net>, "'Kevin Ryan'" <kevin -dot- ryan -at- systemsandsoftware -dot- net>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 14:07:51 -0700

Re: " Keith's suggestion to try moving such graphics to the end of the line did
not show an improvement, but led me to observe something else really strange
about this problem. It is paragraph specific. If I drag/drop/copy the high
graphic within the same paragraph, it remains a high graphic. If I move it
to another paragraph, it displays correctly! If I then move it back to the
offending paragraph, it becomes high again! There is no observable
difference between the paragraph style settings of any of these good and bad
paragraphs.

And: "It is the first paragraph on the page that has the problem. If I place the
cursor before the first sentence of an affected paragraph and press Return,
that paragraph becomes the second paragraph on the page and the graphic
de-levitates to its normal vertical position."

Ah, ha!

I've fought this fight before!

I'm fairly certain that it was solved via the "Suppress extra line spacing at top of page" and "Suppress Space Before after a hard page or column break", as discussed in Allen Wyatt's WordTips site: http://wordribbon.tips.net/T008254_Eliminating_Before_Spacing_at_the_Top_of_a_Page.html.

To find the Layout Options in Word 2010 (sorry; I don' have Word 2013, so I'm not sure where it is), go to Word Options > Advanced > scroll all the way to the end to the "Compatibility options for:" section, and then expand the Layout Options.

HTH,
-Monique