Re: Developments in the review cycle

Subject: Re: Developments in the review cycle
From: Ryan Young <ryangyoung -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2016 15:40:42 -0700

Interesting. Why is it like rolling back the clock? I know Markdown doesn't
support finer-grained elements, but you can use XHTML elements in Markdown
as a supplement. That said, some people have made a good argument for rST
instead:
http://ericholscher.com/blog/2016/mar/15/dont-use-markdown-for-technical-docs/

Using Git and Markdown is still good for collaboration: developers would
largely rather stick with their tools (Git/text editor or IDE/command line)
than something even as easy as Confluence. It might be a drawback for other
contributors.

If you use your 10-user Confluence scheme, the price point comparison is
true. If you have to work with a Confluence instance that has over 50
users, though, they start to equal out (if you get the desktop Prince
licenses, which we did).