Re: [Framers] SVG blowing up Frame file size

Subject: Re: [Framers] SVG blowing up Frame file size
From: Lin Sims <ljsims -dot- ml -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Syed Zaeem Hosain <Syed -dot- Hosain -at- aeris -dot- net>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2016 16:24:45 -0400

The choice of SVG is also because of the proposed switch to DITA, because
it scales whereas PNG doesn't, and also there is at least one group in the
company that runs scripts against the files for auditing purposes. They can
read the text in an SVG (or PDF) but not in a PNG graphic.

And as I said a little while ago, the conversion from Visio to PDF resulted
in a graphic that imported to Frame with no bloating issues.

It's just weird that the one graphic is doing this. I have, literally,
hundreds of images that were created and imported the same way, and none of
them are causing this kind of inflation. I'm leaning towards a corrupt
Visio file, and I may redraw it at some point to see if that makes a
difference.

Thanks all for the help. Sometimes you just need to bounce the idea off
others to get a grip on what's going on.

--
Lin Sims