Re: Book on Modern Technical Writing

Subject: Re: Book on Modern Technical Writing
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 11:11:29 -0700

A lot of my users grew up with the web, as did most of the UX
designers I've worked with in recent years.

Modern UIs are typically generated in a web browser from JavaScript
calls to multiple REST APIs. Typically it's a bunch of task-specific
pages. Different pages often use different libraries to use different
things with the same data. Often some pages are user-configurable.
Commonly there are API references users can use to extend the UI or
bypass it.

I don't see how that's "one complex UI." That seems like a straw man.