Re: Interesting job description

Subject: Re: Interesting job description
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2016 11:50:35 -0700

My work product doesn't include the many, many things that didn't
happen or that were deliberately left undocumented. Consequently there
are a lot of questions I can answer off the top of my head or within
ten minutes that might take anyone else a lot of time.

The old-timers who were involved and are still around probably aren't
as good as I am at digging up old JIRA issues or wiki pages or email
threads with the relevant information. Someone who joined the company
later might not know what to search for and wouldn't have access to
the email threads.

When management had a clue, that has protected me from layoffs. One
dot-com I worked at, I was literally the last person to leave who
turned off the lights.