Re: What do you call policy/process/procedure structure?

Subject: Re: What do you call policy/process/procedure structure?
From: Shari Punyon <sharipunyon -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2020 17:39:43 -0400

I think I've been unclear in my ask... I definitely would not refer to any
particular document. I was not even planning to necessarily talk about
"Policies, Processes, and Procedures" although I might.

What I'm trying to figure out is how to refer to the class of "policies,
processes & procedures" in such a way that I can make it clear that I
didn't *just* create individual documents. Instead, I came in and they had
NO foundational "governance document" STRUCTURE. They had no template,
no definition of the types of documents used. No released process
documents. Nothing except a few very disparate drafts.

I decided the *kinds* of documents that would be created, and published a
list with a description of each. So "we have five kinds of documents we are
going to use (Policy, Process, Procedure, Standards, Guidelines), and here
is what each is supposed to be." I then created templates, from identifying
required sections (Not Intended Audience, but Scope and "Roles and
Responsibilities") to ensuring the header & footer had the right
information (it's got to be page X of X, not just the page number, etc) . I
also figured out the rules for who had to review things (for example, if a
team has a role/responsibility called out, the team lead has to review),
etc. Way outside standard "tech writing stuff" and into the realm of "a
high priced consulting firm comes in and charges you out the ass to create
this" zone.

I basically had to build a structure from the ground up and then ensure
everything we produced fit inside, with a few iterations to refine.

My question is really: what is the best name for the FRAMEWORK I built?