I need PDF creation software

Subject: I need PDF creation software
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 17:53:32 +0000 (UTC)

I need to ask for help finding the software I need.

In case it might be necessary: I was using a Windows 7 system with 8GB of RAM, and Word 2013.

I have several Word docs that I need to save as PDF files. Word is fine for creating PDFs if the pages of the outputs are sized 8.5" x 11".

But in the docs I want to convert, the pages are sized 10.5" x 14", and Word will NOT save them properly. Word turns them into PDFs where the text blocks are sized properly, but the pages are still 8.5" x 11", so the text bleeds off the right edges of the pages. There are a couple of pages where graphics are supposed to cover about 90% of the page. But in the PDF files they are sized to fit a 10.5" x 14" page, so the graphics bleed off the right and the bottom.

I tried the free version of PDF Pro. When I look at finished PDFs inside the PDF Pro interface, they look fine. But when I open them in any other PDF-viewing program, they show problems. The graphics aren't large enough. So the pages are apparently 10.5" by 14", but the graphics look about 9" x 10", so they are surrounded by huge expanses of whitespace.
I tried the free version of Nitro Pro. It has exactly the same problems with the outputs as PDF Pro.

I installed PDF Pro and Nitro Pro on a Windows 10 system and tried converting files there. The results were even worse. Both conversion programs totally ignored the margin specifications in the Word docs, and just substituted what they wanted.

Does anyone know of PDF-creation packages that might solve these problems? Or is there some way to reset margins and other specs in the Word docs that will avoid these problems? The finished PDF files must have pages 10.5" x 14".

I would be very thankful for any help.

Visit TechWhirl for the latest on content technology, content strategy and content development | https://techwhirl.com