One more ref on the net

Subject: One more ref on the net
From: Joseph T Chew <JTCHEW -at- LBL -dot- BITNET>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1993 16:22:17 PST

A friend of mine who isn't on the list, but to whom I forwarded
some of the pedagogical references so that he could pass them
to others, contributes this:

> Exploring the Internet: A Technical Travelogue
> Carl Malamud
> Prentice Hall, 1993
> ISBN 0-13-296898-3

>I haven't read this one yet but was intrigued by one of the reviews. It
>seems Carl travelled the world and got a lot of interviews with the doers
>and shakers. The review mentioned a dinner with a CCITT type who tried to
>explain that the specs are *supposed* to be unreadable.

Having dealt with some specs by the Committee Consultatif Telegraphique
et Telephonique during my previous life in data communication, I can
sympathize. :)

--Joe