RE: Is everyone going to Dallas?

Subject: RE: Is everyone going to Dallas?
From: lisa_cavaliere-kaytes -at- WARREN -dot- MENTORG -dot- COM
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1993 19:54:58 EST

I am not going for two reasons: the cost of trip and becasue
I cannot justify the time away from work under the current workload.

Due to financial setbacks, not only are companies not paying for conferences,
but resources are so tight they don't relish the idea of losing a
"worker bee" for three to four days.

I did consider the option of paying my own way this year...but that is
easily a $1000 investment when you add the cost of airfare, hotel, meals, and
a rental car to the cost of the registration.
Lately, I only attend conferences that are within driveable distances. (I'm
looking forward to participating in the ITCC next year, if it is
in Philadelphia.)

Sorry Binion; I'm sure you don't appreciate all this negativity, even if you can
empathize with our situations. I have attended the ITCC's (and an IPCC)
in the past. I think the conference provides a great opportunity for
networking and exchanging new ideas with other technical communicators.
I've always left an ITCC feeling rejuvenated and that obviously has
a postive impact on my productivity (hint, hint for the managers out there).
It's unfortunate that in these trying times, when you need a boost the most, it
is most out of reach.