Re: Is ANYONE going to Dallas?

Subject: Re: Is ANYONE going to Dallas?
From: Carl Miller <ccm -at- MAYBERRY -dot- CRAY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1993 09:57:22 CST

I feel very sorry for all who can't attend the STC AC in Dallas.
Such has been my plight for the past five years. Finally, it's
my turn (in a goodly-sized department) to attend and bring back
as many ideas as my brain can carry.

Rather than complain, I think that Mick McKellar has the right
attitude when he offers:

> For me, the solution has been audio and video tapes of conferences, printed
> copies of proceedings, and satellite down-links. Will any of these avenues
> be available for *vicarious* attendance at the STC Conference? Will *virtual*
> attendance be possible via sattelite link or electronic media? It seems to me
> that here is an area where our advances in technology could provide a low-cost
> path to professional development.

With more creative suggestions like this, the STC will find ways
to accommodate more of our needs by using the technology we're so
busy documenting. Let your Society officers and conference planners
know there are systems/products that they can use. Thanks, Mick.

Carl Miller
ccm -at- cray -dot- com