Region 5 Conference Announcement

Subject: Region 5 Conference Announcement
From: Daniel John Brinegar <6545 -at- EF -dot- GC -dot- MARICOPA -dot- EDU>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1993 08:28:18 -0700

Please respond to Authors (6545 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu OR 406 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu
Dan Brinegar OR Cathleen Cunningham )
NOT TECHWR-L, thanks
The Phoenix Chapter of STC invites you to:

COMMUNICATION AMONG THE CACTI:
The 1993 REGION 5 CONFERENCE and TECHNICAL COMMUNICATIONS WEEK
October 14 - 16, 1993

_Learn_
Want to know what's hot in technical communication? Come to the 1993
Region 5 Conference at the Scottsdale Hilton Resort and Spa to find out
about:
* The issues your company should address
* The technology you and your company need to stay competitive
* Smart economics for change and development
* Innovative management for keeping your team running cool.

In addition, the conference will allow you to keep up with major
trends in:

* Virtual reality * Performance Support Systems
* Information Mapping(tm)
* New Research Findings in Communications

_Network_
Come to the Region 5 Conference to meet STC members from Texas, Arizona,
New Mexico, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and Arkansas. Say thanks to outgoing
Director-Sponsor Jody Heiken, and meet new Director-Sponsor Binion Amerson.

_Play_
Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport is served by all major airlines.
Look for MORE information on this list soon regarding special conference
discounts. The conference site is the Scottsdale Hilton, a premier hotel
in the middle of Scottsdale's resort community. It is within walking
distance of exclusive shops and boutiques, Indian arts and crafts
galleries, and fine restaurants.
Take advantage of this opportunity to meet fellow STC members and to
enjoy the food, entertainment and ambiance of this world famous resort
community. The area has something for everyone, including balloon rides,
evening astronomy adventures, horseback riding, hiking in the unique
Sonoran Desert, and championship golf courses.
Visit Scottsdale's art galleries; the Heard Museum, a treasury of
Indian history, art and culture; the Desert Botanical Garden; and ancient
Hohokam ruins at Pueblo Grande.

For more information, call:
Arizona Office of Tourism (800) 842-8257
Scottsdale Chamber of Commerce (800) 877-1117
Grand Canyon (602) 638-2401

_Special rates_
The Scottsdale Hilton has agreed to provide discount rates to STC members
during the convention.
For reservations, call (800) 528-3119. Single $85 Double $95 Suite $110

Remember These Dates:
Reserve Oct. 14-16 on your calendar for the Region 5
conference. A registration form and detailed schedule will be mailed to
STC members in a few months. [E-mail Pubs Committee-members Dan Brinegar or
Cathleen Cunningham for advance registration details and schedule as soon
as it becomes available.] See you then!

_The Schedule_
Thursday (Oct.14) A Pre-Conference Welcome sponsored by the Phoenix
STC Chapter. Help us celebrate our 30th anniversary!

Friday (Oct. 15) New ideas for your company Day-long exhibits Choice of
on-your-own, Western barbecue or formal dining with other STC members

Saturday (Oct. 16) Keynote speech by Dr. JoAnne Hackos on the value of
technical communicators in business: Dr. Hackos is internationally
recognized for her expertise in document management and design. She is
president of Comtech Services, a national technical communications firm
based in Denver and San Jose. Dr. Hackos was STC's international president
in 1992-93. Her current research compiles industry findings that
demonstrate the value of technical communicators to business. Her
conference presentation focuses on the research results.

| Dan BRINEGAR aka BENU |
| Research Droid Glendale Community College |
| 6545 -at- ef -dot- gc -dot- maricopa -dot- edu Electronic Forum, Glendale, AZ |
| *Student Member, Society for Technical Communications |

To : carl -at- indirect -dot- com
To : cgrant -at- amex-trs -dot- com