Screen Capture for X-Windows

Subject: Screen Capture for X-Windows
From: Susan Sellew <creare!spock -dot- creare -dot- com!sss -at- DARTMOUTH -dot- EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1993 15:07:07 -0400

I'm looking for a software package that can capture X-window screens on a
UNIX platform and save it in a format that I can import into Ventura
(.eps, tif, sld, etc.) for software documentation.

I've used "SnapShot" for PC-Windows documentation and I've gotten
spoiled; the idea of doing screen dumps, adjusting for grey scale, and
ending up wth huge .eps files is no longer appealing. Does anyone have any
suggestions?

Susan Sellew
sss -at- creare -dot- com